Photo Gallery |
This site is supported by the Government of Ontario through the Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration and by the Government of Canada through Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
People choose to relocate to Northwestern Ontario for many reasons. Some are looking for work or improved career prospects, others want a change of lifestyle or better education opportunities for their children.
Whatever the reason, this is the perfect region to move to, retire in or consider a second home. The region has a reputation for the warmth and friendliness of its people. It is a region where there is literally something for everyone.
- Diversity: A wide range of cultures, faiths, ethnicities and demographics are represented in Northwestern Ontario meaning close proximity to community groups, services and organizations to help you quickly feel at home among friends and neighbours.
- Climate: Northwestern Ontario enjoys the variety of four seasons. Thanks to cold winters and warm summers with longer than average daylight hours, it is easy to take advantage of all this region has to offer throughout the year.
- Landscape: The regional landscape is beautiful and diverse. There are thousands of shorelines and freshwater lakes to explore with breathtaking beaches and islands. Hike in the fresh air through boreal forests, deep ravines and mountain ranges. Or safely wander through the shopping districts of lively urban centres.
- Lifestyle: A great combination of recreational and cultural activities, public services, low crime rates and a beautiful natural environment provide the perfect conditions for an active and healthy quality of life.
- Accessibility: Move easily and quickly around the region and to other parts of Canada, the United States and the world with reliable transportation networks. Convenient air, rail, port and road systems serve local residents and businesses.
- Real Estate: There is an excellent variety of affordable and high quality real estate. Detached houses, condos and cottages are situated in amazing communities featuring waterfront views or large green spaces. Most homes are also close to golf courses, recreation facilities and downtown areas.
- Education: Above-average school facilities and postsecondary programming combine with quality library, museum and other community enrichment services to keep student success rates high.
There is a great diversity of places to live
, do business
in Northwestern Ontario. Learn more about our communities